Mt Zion Presbyterian Church
Read and search the Bible online
Bible Gateway is a Christian, mission-centered enterprise, focused on making Scripture freely available on the Web in multiple languages and translations. While committed to excellence in the presentation of Biblical content, it is governed by a set of theological affirmations. This is not intended to restrict use of the site but rather to promote trust in its content.
Statement of Faith for Bible Gateway
- Doctrine of Scripture. The Bible is Godís unique revelation to mankind, the inspired, infallible Word of God. As such, it is the supreme and final authority and without error in what it teaches and affirms. No other writings are vested with such divine authority.
- Doctrine of God. There is only one true God. He exists eternally as three persons ó Father, Son, and Holy Spirit ó each fully God yet each personally distinct from the other. God is the creator of everything.
- Doctrine of Sin. Everyone, regardless of race, gender, social class, or intellectual ability, is created in Godís image and for communion with God. But because of sin, that communion was broken and all of humanity was separated from God, the source of all life. Because of the fall, everyone deserves Godís judgment.
- Doctrine of Salvation. Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and God gives salvation and eternal life to those who trust in him. Salvation cannot be earned through personal goodness or human effort. It is a gift that is received by repentance and faith in Christ and his death on the cross and resurrection from the grave.
- Doctrine of Christ. Jesus Christ, the second Person of the Trinity, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary ó he was God in human flesh. He lived a sinless human life, yet willingly took upon himself our sins by dying in our place and on our behalf. He rose bodily, victorious over death. He ascended to Heaven and is at the right hand of the Father as the believerís advocate and mediator. Some day, he will return to consummate history and to fulfill the eternal plan of God.
- Doctrine of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity, convicts the world of sin and gives new life to those who trust in Jesus. He indwells all believers and is available to empower them to lead Christ-like lives. The Spirit gives them spiritual gifts with which to serve fellow believers and reach out to a lost and needy world.
- vDoctrine of Judgment. At the final judgment, unbelievers will be separated from God into condemnation. Believers will be received into Godís loving presence.
- Doctrine of the Church. All believers are members of the body of Christ, the one true church universal. Spiritual unity is to be expressed among Christians by acceptance and love of one another across ethnic, cultural, socio-economic, national, generational, gender, and denominational lines. The local church is a group of believers who gather for worship, prayer, instruction, encouragement, mutual accountability, community with each other, and as a witness to the world.
Click here to visit www.biblegateway.com
Have you read any good books lately?
If you like exciting books, lots of action, and an author who knows that God is in charge, you should read Joel C. Rosenberg . His ability to bring current events in the Middle East into biblical focus is unsurpassed. Here, in the epicenter of action, Joel brings your attention to the issue of the character's standing with Jesus.
Left Behind Series - Tim LaHaye & Jeffy B. Jenkins
Having read "666" by Aalem Kirban, published in the 1970's, I was not all that excited to read more of the same tribulation period fiction. Then, at a book exchange, I found myself looking at both "Left Behind" and "Tribulation Force" available for a small donation to cancer research.
That was the start of an obsession. LaHaye and Jenkins present the Gospel in an engaging format, with a cliff-hanger ending to each of the Left Behind books that practically force the reader to go find the next one in the series. The great thing about reading them more than ten years after Left Behind was published is that I never had to wait for the next reelase. In fact the entire series is available at the public library.
You really can't go wrong with C.S. Lewis. Lewis was raised in a church-going family in the Church of Ireland. He became an atheist at 15, though he later described his young self as being paradoxically "very angry with God for not existing".
His early separation from Christianity began when he started to view his religion as a chore and as a duty; around this time, he also gained an interest in the occult, as his studies expanded to include such topics. Lewis quoted Lucretius (De rerum natura, 5.198Ė9) as having one of the strongest arguments for atheism:
Nequaquam nobis divinitus esse paratam
Naturam rerum; tanta stat praedita culpa
Had God designed the world, it would not be
A world so frail and faulty as we see.
He slowly re-embraced Christianity, influenced by arguments with his Oxford colleague and friend J. R. R. Tolkien, whom he seems to have met for the first time on 11 May 1926, and by the book The Everlasting Man by G. K. Chesterton. He fought greatly up to the moment of his conversion, noting that he was brought into Christianity like a prodigal, "kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance to escape."
C.S. Lewis Books
Another online Bible resource:
BibleStudyTools is a a for-profit religious corporation dedicated to building up the Church, which is the Body of Christ.
As a Christ-centered, for-profit corporation, we will create value for our customers, employees and shareholders by:
- Bringing glory to God in all that we do
- Equipping people to grow in their faith and the practical application of it in their lives
- Enhancing fellowship, communication and relationship-building within the Christian community
- Encouraging and enabling personal involvement in the care of those who are spiritually, emotionally, physically or financially poor.
Statement of Faith for BibleStudyTools
We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
We believe that the Bible is God's written revelation to man and that it is verbally inspired, authoritative, and without error in the original manuscripts.
We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, death on the cross to provide for our redemption, bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven, present ministry of intercession for us, and His return to earth in power and glory.
We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit, that He performs the miracle of the new birth in an unbeliever and indwells believers, enabling them to live a godly life.
We believe that man was created in the image of God, but because of sin, was alienated from God. That alienation can be removed only by accepting through faith God's gift of salvation which was made possible by Christ's death.
Click here to visit www.biblestudytools.com/parallel-bible
Jesus said to them, "Is not this why you are wrong, that you
know neither the scriptures nor the power of God?
Sunday School 10:00 AM / Worship 11:00 AM.
Mt. Zion Presbyterian Church
1501 Sandy Springs Road
PO Box 429
Sandy Springs, SC 29677
Mount Zion Email
A small church with a big heart! Come Visit!